Our Family

Our Family

April 23, 2010

Easter Weekend

So I'm a little late, but at least it's still April, right?

We had a really great Easter weekend. It began with an Easter Egg Hunt on base which provided no good pictures - so just try to imagine it. A gymnasium filled with excited children hunting for an egg with stickers to match the ones they were given when they entered. Only one egg will match, so this can take a while. Once found, you present it to some military personnel and receive a bag of treats. Then you can stand in line to see the Easter bunny. Neither of my kids were very interested in getting close to him (or her?) and then Clara announced that she could see his shoes and that it was just a person in a costume. "Look Mom, see what I mean?' She's definitely on the fence with what to believe. I'll let her stay there for a while, I think.

Then we drove about an hour away to the Yorkshire Moors. It was a beautiful drive and provided a view of so many different landscapes. We had heard of a walk between two towns, along a river, that is filled with daffodils planted by monks from a nearby Abbey. Apparently there were thousands of bulbs planted and it can be quite remarkable.


The walk (or skip - whichever you prefer) was beautiful and quite muddy but so worth it.

We were there a little early for the full bloom and so now we want to go back again next year. We felt underdressed - nearly everyone we saw looked as if they were ready to hike Everest (in Devin's words). I guess walks like that are called hikes and so maybe next year we'll dress to fit in.

So after a few diaper changes, a beautiful walk and after dragging Clara from the "Daffy Caffy" explaining that we didn't need to buy anything since we had just eaten lunch, we loaded into the van and drove to Rievaulx Abbey.


It was so warm and the sun was just starting to go down which made the experience so peaceful. It was beautiful as all Abbeys are, I'm beginning to realize.



We walked and climbed all over and then the kids discovered the gravel walkway. This entertained them for at least 20 minute - glad to know that was the highlight of the trip.


The next day was Easter and magically the Easter Bunny found a gluten & dairy free chocolate bunny. Go Easter Bunny!!! It was a sugar filled day so naturally the kids had a great time.



Jonas enjoys wrestling with Clara which entails pushing her down (nicely) and climbing all over her. Not sure why, but they both seem to love it.


Devin & I also had a wonderfully relaxing holiday while eating more than we should and watching General Conference.

The best part is that Clara was then out of school for 2 weeks - so fun!!! I'll update on our adventures later.

9 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of Clara and Jonas!!! I love the expression's on Jonas's face! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that Easter Bunny Rocks!! So your family is so cute.... and Jonas' smile really is somethin' else... what a sweetie blow him a kiss for me... oh wait maybe not, you know you really should watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you know what I love,... is the random sheep!.... Clint promised me before we got married that someday we could have sheep....I have yet to see that... what do you think, think my back yard could handle that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you post anything. It's so fun to see what your life is like. Pretty impressive Easter bunny. I hope he can stock up on things like that for future visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonas' smile is priceless. What a thoughtful Easter Bunny. You guys look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks dreamy and like you had so much fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying your time in England, I'm enjoying your blog! All the best to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for you posts on baby center. Jonas is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a new phone number? E-mail?

    ReplyDelete