Here's why - these are some of the things we've been up to the past few weekends:
The Stray: Right across from our house is part of the Stray, which is a huge green space that runs around town. The perfect place for Clara to ride her bike and Jonas to practice walking. I love going over there on a Saturday morning. Here are some samples...
While I can't stand the sound of my voice, and I find it funny to hear Devin teaching Jonas "walker etiquette", I had to share because I am just so proud of how well he is doing. He has made huge progress lately!!!
Clara loves riding her bike and is doing so well. I think she is ready to take those training wheels off, but she disagrees. I think she's better than she thinks she is...
Harlow Carr Gardens: A couple of miles from our house are these beautiful gardens. We met up with the DeGiulios and another family in the ward and let the kids run wild. Clara loved playing with her friends.
Brimham Rocks: One piece of advice Devin received before we left Maryland came from his boss, Mark, who had lived here for 5 years. It was to not allow the weather to change your plans. We have done our best to abide by this (which should be extra impressive for anyone who knows how much I LOVE warm weather) and our trip this day was no exception. While cold, windy and at times rainy, we had a great time climbing on these cool rocks.
Knaresborough: This little town is about 4 miles away and we have driven through many times. Aside from the beautiful bridge visible from the road, I've never given it much thought. Until Devin's co-worker told us that the old chemist shop (pharmacy) has the best banoffe pie he has tasted. That's all it took to get me to plan a visit for the next available Saturday. We first walked along the River Nidd which had some unique, old homes build along it. I love to picture what it would be like to have lived there so long ago.
Mother's Day:
How could I not mention this? It was a great day. Complete with breakfast, adorable children, and talking with family over skype. Not to mention the cute card from Clara, bath stuff (haven't tried this in years so hopefully I'll enjoy it...but don't worry, I do shower!!), white cheddar cheese-its (a serious and embarrassing weakness of mine...but I refuse to spell it the way the box says, I can't stand made up spellings like that) and twix. We had fun taking some pictures in the garden after church.
Jonas has been really affectionate lately and loves giving hugs and kisses, and I LOVE it.
Although I never look forward to Mondays, this always helps brighten them:
Each morning while I get ready, Clara transforms herself into a princess/teacher/fairy (well, it changes daily) but she loves playing with my jewelry and it always makes me smile.
The pictures are so beautiful!! I love the video of Jonas, awesome job!!(I wish I could figure out how to post a video on my blog???) The flowers look amzaing there!! I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteJonas looks amazing! I want to talk to you. I've been really busy lately in the mornings, but I think about you guys a lot, even though I don't call. Maybe tomorrow. . .
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that your family is having such a wonderful time together. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! I know this is random, but I can't believe how much hair Jonas has grown! He's looking more and more like a little boy. He truly amazes me! Clara is as cute as ever too. I don't like to say this, but they're growing way too quick!
ReplyDeleteOk so the video of Jonas... he is doing such a good job, though he does sometimes seem like he's going to get run over by a car.... and if that pie is the best ever then it must me doubly dang delish. I love the garden pictures, I wish I could have a yard like that but alas I am doomed to cloverville and ants. But I must say I'm pretty sure I can see your cable line running though the yard! I also must say I use to do the exact same thing with my moms jewlry.... though I don't think she knew it....mom if your reading this, I'm sure I put everything back!
ReplyDeleteHe's doing so well with the walker!!! You guys must be so excited to see all the hard work and patience pay off!!
ReplyDelete