Nell came down with a high fever Friday and after a night of no sleep and a horrible Saturday morning, I took her in to the doctor. She had no other obvious symptoms so after ruling out a UTI we were admitted to the hospital. Her temperature was about 104 degrees but in the hospital it went even higher and this was with medication. Overnight her fever did go down and in the morning the doctor thought he saw white patches on her tonsils so she was put on an antibiotic and we were able to go home by 1pm. Her fever did come back overnight Sunday night so it seems like it is going to fluctuate for a while. Hopefully she gets better quickly.
I really don't like hospital stays. Nell was understandably clingy but as a result it was hard to leave her side for food, water or anything else. Needless to say I was hungry, tired and thirsty when we left the hospital but I know that was nothing compared to how poor Nell was feeling.
Seeing Clara and Jonas perked Nell up quickly. As a result we had a really nice Fathers Day afternoon all together.
Devin suggested we fly kites on the stray. It was so relaxing and fun.
Nell enjoyed some cuddle time with mom until I realized that the blanket I was laying on was soaking through all of my clothes.
In way of apology...I don't typically let Nell roam around the stray in her pajamas but desperate times call for desperate measures and I didn't think it was that big of a deal - at the time. She'll probably disagree with me in the future when she looks at these. Here is Nell trying to "help" Clara with her kite.
So did you ever get a verdict back on the tonsil issue?
ReplyDelete