Our Family

Our Family

October 8, 2012

Back to School

After a busy busy summer of relocating, house hunting, car buying (x2) and visits to family we are finally settling in.

Less than two weeks ago we received our household goods shipment meaning that after almost 3 months of living out of suitcases we are now settled into a home with our own toys, clothes and furniture.  It feels so good.

Within two days of school starting, we were able to get a contract on a house so thankfully Clara and Jonas were able to start school with their classmates even though we were not living within the boundaries yet.  It was logistically difficult since they are going to different schools but we managed!

Here was Clara on her first day of 3rd grade.  She is only slightly annoyed that last year in England she was in Year 3 and would be in Year 4 this year. :)



Here is Jonas on his first day.  He didn't cooperate with me. :)



We are still working out the kinks of busing.  He is going to a diagnostic Kindergarten in a different town and they will bus him if I am okay with him spending 1 hour 40 minutes on the bus each day.  I'm not.  So he buses to school and I pick him up and rush back in time to meet Clara.  Here he is on his first day on the bus.

Life is going well and we are enjoying the fall beauty in Utah.  The leaves in the mountains are changing and we enjoyed a drive last weekend to take in their colors.




I will post more about our summer adventures later.

2 comments:

  1. What cute pictures of the first day of school! (Even Jonas) :) I'm glad your stuff is there and you can start feeling like you're not just on an endless vacation anymore- must feel so good. I want to see your house! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be crazy for the kids to not have a uniform for the first time ever.....

    ReplyDelete