Dear Facebook and Instagram,
You are taking my time away from my first love, my blog. Please understand that I cannot give all of my spare computer time in a day to you at the expense of my blog. I will try to be better at balancing you three.
Your conflicted friend,
Melinda
There.
I have been neglectful, but I hope you won't mind as I go back in time a few months to capture some important events around here. I will skip over our fantastic trip in November to Northern California to visit my parents and Christmastime...for now at least. Instead I'll fast forward to January 29, 2014!
Jonas turned 7!! His birthday could not have come soon enough, he talked about it non-stop the entire month on January. This resulted in me being very worried the actual day would not live up to the hype. He had been to a birthday party with a clown named Soda Pop. I actually strongly dislike clowns! But I could see why Jonas liked her. She was funny, personable and had a very cool magic show. Jonas had been asking for Soda Pop to come to his party all month. I lined it up for his party which was a few days after his actual birthday. We woke Jonas up at 6:45 am on his birthday to get ready for school and with eyes barely open, he immediately asked us "Is Soda Pop here?"
Soda Pop may not have been there bright and early, but Clara and Nell wanted to be. We all gathered around Jonas as he followed his birthday string through the house ending with his presents and traditional sugar cereal.
After a quick bowl of Honeycomb, Jonas was off to school. Nell and I met him at school for lunch which was fun.
We let him choose where we went for dinner. He told us he wanted to eat at "McRobin Hoods". Devin and I were completely puzzled!! It took us about 10 minutes to figure out he meant Red Robin. I guess in Jonas' mind, it offers hamburgers so it must have a "Mc" in the front of it. He got the Robin part right and Hood seemed to suit Robin well. We were happy to oblige once we unraveled the mystery.
After a yummy dinner, we headed home to open presents, eat cake and skype with Grandma and Grandpa Morris. Jonas was so excited for his garbage truck!! He had been asking for one for months.
A few days later, Soda Pop did come for his birthday party. We had a house full of boys (about 13 of them) and only a couple of girls. Jonas really wanted to invite his friend Anna and she kindly agreed to come even though she was seriously outnumbered. She was so sweet and stayed right next to him for the entire party.
The party was a success. Soda pop the clown (complete with face painting and a magic show), pizza, superhero bingo and a pinata kept them all sufficiently entertained. This was the first time Jonas had ever allowed someone to put on face paint!!
| Soda Pop must be good to keep these boys mesmerized!! |
I love to see how excited Jonas gets. He loved his birthday and party and I loved watching him. He is such a cute boy with a such a large and funny personality.
My favorite part of his 7 year old interview is his goal for the year. Shoot for the stars, right?? :)
What is your favorite food? Hummus and crackers
What is your favorite toy? Train
What is your favorite game? Bingo
What is your favorite book? Scoop the Digger
What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
What do you want to be when you grow up? Soldier
Who are your friends? Noah, Dalton, Savannah, Tyler, Cruz and Jaden
What would you like to do this year? Eat Cereal
What are some things you like to do? Play
What is your favorite thing to wear? Spiderman & Soldier Costume
What is your favorite color? Orange
What makes you happy? Cruz makes me happy.
What makes you sad? When I lose my toys
Love you Jonas!!
As part of his birthday blog post, I will also include some of the photographs that came from a photo shoot my friend Lindsay did. She is an amazing photographer who specializes in photographing children with special needs. She is speaking at a convention and wanted a few more samples. Jonas got to be her model. Didn't they turn out amazingly well??




Jonas is growing up so quickly. He's turning rapidly into a handsome young man instead of the cheeky boy we knew in Harrogate. I shall show Gemma his pictures when she gets home from work.
ReplyDeletePlease blog more. We miss your family so much.
Oh my goodness, Jonas looks so grown up! I've been following your blog since he was itty bitty! He's so handsome.
ReplyDelete