Our Family

Our Family

February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jonas!

Last Thursday, January 29th, Jonas turned 2!!!!!!!!  
It is so hard to believe that two years have passed since he was born.  As challenging as it has been, Jonas has brought amazing blessings to our home and I simply cannot imagine my life without this little ray of sunshine.  He has taught me so much and I am sure he will continue to do so. 





Overall, it was a fabulous birthday.  It is amazing to look back and see how far he has come in two years.  He is learning so much lately.  He is working on pulling himself to stand and is making more and more sounds.  He can say (although we may be the only ones that know what he is saying :)) bye-bye, "ba" for ball and baby, hi, moo for cow, woof for dog, Clara (pronounced "adta"), dada, book and apple.  And, no, you didn't misread that...mama is still not on the list!!! The little stinker!  He also has learned to move his arm up like an elephant's nose and make an elephant noise which is very cute.  All of this has come in just the past month or so, so we are very excited his recent development.  

5 comments:

  1. Melinda, you are such an amazing Mom, and that's all I have to say about that. :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jonas! He is so cute! I love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post Mindy! I was giggling to myself, knowing. I have TOTALLY been in the same situation before, trying to make something to special, and it ends up a disaster. I love that you documented it all! One day he will look back on those and say "I have the best mommy in the whole world!"...
    Happy Birthday Little One! I cant believe 2 years has already flown by. Absolutely amazing..Hes so stinkin cute that picture in his highchair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jonas! You have one devoted mommy! We'll be thinking of you this week and hope that your surgery goes great! Wee love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, to finally see the pictures of the exploding cake. I've been waiting for a while. I'm glad Jonas loved his cake. You really are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete