Our Family

Our Family

January 21, 2009

Eye Surgery Update

Yesterday went about as well as we could have hoped for.  Other than Jonas being very hungry and constantly giving us the sign for "more" and pointing to his mouth, he was great.  It was an early start to the day, waking him up at 5:15, but the appointment before Jonas cancelled last minute so he got into surgery by 8:15am and an hour later he was out and in recovery.  We came home yesterday afternoon and Jonas seemed tired but in really good spirits.  His eyes don't look pretty (don't worry...I won't post a picture) and his eyes look like they are turned out now instead of in, but apparently the doctor overcorrects because during the first week after surgery, the eye muscle pulls in which should even him out.  Hopefully that makes sense. :)  Anyway, we really hope this happens according to plan!!  We'll keep you posted.  Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. You are probably so glad it is done and over with. Hope Little Jonas's recovery is quick and all goes well. We are still thinking of you! Thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news. I was meaning to email you, but at least I know that the surgery went without unforseen events. We think about you guys all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad the surgery went well for Jonas. One of my sisters had an eye surgery when she was younger, it sounds kind of similar to what Jonas had done. They had to cut a muscle, it was freaky, but the results were great! I hope Jonas continues to do well.

    By the way, I found your blog off of Katerina’s – you’ve done a great job with it, looks great! I’ll have to visit again and add you to my favorites list. :)

    ReplyDelete