Now, we have moved on to a typical straw sippy cup and I am THRILLED!!! This was lots of work but it has finally paid off. Here is a picture of the many failed sippy cups I purchased that were rejected by the little prince himself. But here it is, the progression from bottle to straw!
Our Family
January 15, 2009
Sippy Cup Line Up
As many know, we have some feeding issues with Jonas. One of them is that he has refused anything but his bottles and we have tried everything we (and our Occupational Therapist) could think of to get him off bottles and onto sippy cups. After much work, our OT came up with a brilliant idea...she brought a cleaned out honey container - the kind shaped like a bear. She found a sturdy straw that fits well and because we can squeeze the container and have the formula come up, we could put the straw in his mouth and squeeze the formula in. He finally got that if he puts his lips on it, I would squeeze in the formula. Then, finally, he got the concept of sucking up the straw.
Now, we have moved on to a typical straw sippy cup and I am THRILLED!!! This was lots of work but it has finally paid off. Here is a picture of the many failed sippy cups I purchased that were rejected by the little prince himself. But here it is, the progression from bottle to straw!
Now, we have moved on to a typical straw sippy cup and I am THRILLED!!! This was lots of work but it has finally paid off. Here is a picture of the many failed sippy cups I purchased that were rejected by the little prince himself. But here it is, the progression from bottle to straw!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Success! I think that transition from bottle to a cup is a horrible one anyway! Thats the greatest little invention! Your OT could make some serious money off that thing.. Hee hee!
ReplyDeleteIts so neat to see and hear about Jonas's development and accomplishments!
Hurray for Jonas!! =)
This is simply hilarious! I love the picture with all the bottles lined up. It's awesome! I'm glad you found one that worked. Anna never really used these because she wanted to drink from a regular cup, and Miriam is now following in her footsteps. So far, it's been pretty messy if you ask me, but it's part of being a baby, I guess. Kids are great, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteLaina had a difficult time transitioning from the breast (she wouldn’t take a bottle) to a sippy cup too, I thought for sure she was going to get dehydrated! We bought about 5 different types, I can't imagine going through as many as you did. Parenting can be very frustrating, but it always works out in the end. I’m so glad your OT was able to help and that Jonas is finally drinking from a straw – what a relief!
ReplyDelete