Our Family

Our Family

December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolution??

So maybe an appropriate New Year's resolution would be to do a better job on my blog! To give you an update...we spent November traveling and December has been filled with visitors - fun to see both sets of grandparents in one month. It feels great to have a week ahead of us without any major plans...no preschool, dance classes, therapists or doctor's appointments. I am going to try hard to enjoy it to the fullest.

Not that we want this to become a habit, but Devin and I took separate "vacations" in November. While Devin was traveling for work, I spent two weeks in CA visiting family. The flight out was horrific. Clara threw up 5 times and we had a horrible time getting on and off our planes. I vowed then and there to never make this trek alone again!!!! At our layover in Vegas I even considered calling Dave & Nancy to see if I could just stay there for a day before flying home and calling the whole thing off. Then I realized that a sick child was the last thing they needed around there new baby boy. So...I gathered a little more strength and got on our plane to CA. Once I was there, I was glad I made it but I am still thinking I'll never do it alone again. We spent one week in southern CA visiting the Webbers which was so much fun and very relaxing! The next week was spent in northern CA visiting Grandma and Grandpa Morris. We had such a nice visit and Clara and Jonas were completely spoiled!!

Here are some pictures of my trip.
The first one is Wendy with the kids at the warm, sunny beach.
This was the best part, hanging out on the couch just enjoying our time together. Here is Matthew, Clara, Claire, Jonas and Charlotte. Here is Clara and Jonas at the park near Grandma Morris' house...where they spent hours almost every day.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you've been busy! Sorry you had to endure travel with both kids and dealing with throw-up. I know how that goes, but looking back I feel stronger and better prepared for the next time, which, inevitably, will come . . . Also, how did you like Christmas time wearing short sleeves in CA? I don't know it I could handle it.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I missed you! I check your blog daily "just in case"..What sweet pictures. The beach looked sooooo nice! =) Hope all is well with you guys. Enjoy your free time!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys had so much fun with your family! The pictures in CA look great, I miss the beaches in Florida! We need to get together we miss you guys!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wish we could have seen you when you were out West! Lets plan a time to get together! Your kids are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime you're stranded in Vegas, call us!!! I don't get too bothered by sick kids and we're less than 10 minutes from the airport! Sorry about the horrible trip--that is the absolute worst! Glad you had a good vacation, though. I'm behind on reading your blog, but have LOVED reading up through today. So exciting to hear all the progress Jonas is making. Take care!

    ReplyDelete