When Devin found out that he would be going to Hawaii for a week for work I couldn't stop thinking about how wonderful it would be to go with him. I didn't think it would be possible...so I tried in vain to just be happy for him. It just so happens that we have some friends who are really saints...and I mean that completely! The Tustisons found out he was going and kept insisting that I go with him. Mayka even hid a picture of Waikiki in my freezer for me to find. They started coming over in the evenings to learn Jonas' routine and become professionals at taking care of him.
So thanks to them, I went to Oahu for a weekend with Devin and we had a fabulous time. We spent two and a half days seeing the island and eating lots of yummy food (my favorite were the hot malasadas)! I was amazed at how fast we could do things when we didn't have to take care of anyone but ourselves...selfish I know, but I loved it!!!! Here are some pictures to remind me of how much I LOVE THE SUN!!!
This one was taken by our professional photographer...
Hanauma Bay...we went to this beautiful bay our first morning and snorkeled. At one point I stopped and Devin thought I was "in distress" and cut up his leg on the coral trying to get back to me. I felt really badly since I just stopped to readjust my mask.
Need I say more??
We took a tour of Kualoa Ranch in the middle of the beautiful mountains and even got to see some LOST sights...for any fans out there, this is the golf course Hurley made.
Thank you Tustisons!!! I will never forget this great trip! It was great to come home to my cute kids, it made leaving Hawaii mildly bearable.
How awesome for you! I'm really glad you were able to go with Devin. It must have been wonderful to be with him, just him, for a whole week. And the Tustisons are truly saints, you're lucky to have such good friends.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a great time! We need to go together next time. Your kids are so cute and I am sure missed you.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean selfish!!? You 100% deserve that trip with your hubby. That looked like a blast, and Im so glad you got to go. Im a HUGE LOST fan, so that was neat to see that picture. I hope you guys had a blast, and get to do something like that again soon.! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you ended up going, you deserve a trip away with your hubby!! I think people will always be willing to help you, beacuse you are such a great friend to others!!
ReplyDeleteYay for you guys! I'm so glad you got to go on a much needed and well-deserved vacation!!!! Bless those Tustison's...
ReplyDeleteYou deserved this break more than anyone I know! Glad you were able to get some much needed R&R. It even looks like you and Devin still like each other :-)
ReplyDeleteMindy, I am so happy for you! You totally deserved that! I went to Cancun with Mark in Dec. and it was the first time I'd been away from Kate for more than a few hours. It's great, isn't it? Couldn't have happened to a more deserving candidate. I'm so glad you've got good friends! Love you!
ReplyDelete