Our Family

Our Family

July 16, 2009

Birthday Girl!




I've heard it said countless times that time flies and before you know it, your kids will be grown. I had my first dose of that reality a couple of weeks ago when Clara turned 5!!! Something about being 5 for me...maybe because I remember that age so well myself. I can't believe how grown up she is becoming and that she starts kindergarten so soon. She will love it and is so ready, but I am sure going to miss having her around.

She was able to celebrate her actual birthday, on June 25th, with her Grandma & Grandpa Osterhout (in town from Idaho), her Aunt Mitzi and cousins Sefra & Armani.


She requested dinner at Chick-fil-a (she wanted to play on the slide) and I made her a pink cake with a picture of Ariel on top.


Before the family arrived, we had a fun day in Baltimore at Port Discovery with the Tustisons. It was a wonderful way to celebrate!! I love these two together, they get along like siblings and have been friends since they were tiny babies...they are fun to watch play.


The following day she had her party at Pump It Up and had a blast playing around with her friends.



I am so grateful to have Clara for my daughter. She possesses so many qualities I admire and wish I had more of. She is compassionate, funny, caring and sassy...all in one! My favorite thing is to watch her with her brother, she is the best sister and I know Jonas is blessed to have her.

She told me the other day that she wants to be a mom when she grows up and that she wants to learn to be someone who can go to people's houses and help them with their babies, just like the therapists that come and help Jonas. She said that way when her babies need help, she will know just what to do for them.

The other night, Devin and I got the kids in bed and started a movie. She came sneaking out of her room and it went something like this:

C: "You forgot to turn on my fan and I am too hot." She then stood in front of the paused TV and wanted to watch it with us.

D: "It is a movie just for mommy's and daddy's"

C: "Can I watch it when I am a mommy?"

D: "Sure"

C: "Great, I am going to watch that movie my first day"

So, we need to remember to bring Valkyrie to the hospital when Clara has her first baby!!

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARA!!!! I love you and I love watching you grow up...you are amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late) birthday, Clara! We wish we could have been there to wish you a happy day- looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, Clara is such a beautiful girl! Leah had so much fun at Clara's party, I'm grateful they are such good friends! Happy Birthday Clara!!

    ReplyDelete