
I am too embarrassed to admit when we took this trip, since it was a while ago and I am just barely getting around to posting pictures...but, we did take our first official family vacation - just the 4 of us - to DISNEY WORLD!!!
Honestly, it was a fabulous week. We had so much fun, went at our own pace and we loved every minute of it.
The best surprise was how well Disney handles food allergies. I had no idea what to expect so we had an entire suitcase of food for Jonas. Come to find out, they will custom make a meal for him at any restaurant/cafe in the park. He ate so well...his first hamburger, first spaghetti & meatballs, breaded chicken, mickey shaped waffles and even soy ice cream - all of it completely allergen free. He was so happy!!! There is something magical about that place because those are foods with textures that at home had really bothered him, but he gobbled it all up.
As for the question "what was your favorite part of the trip"?
Clara - seeing Ariel. We saw Ariel at her grotto 4 different times. Clara loved it!!
I couldn't decide which picture to post, so I posted both. She was awestruck!
Jonas - It's a tie. Either 'It's a Small World' - he would get so excited and move his little body to the music; or his kiss from the lovely stepsister, Anastasia.
On second thought, he seemed to really enjoy this moment with Tinkerbell too. Seriously, where are his manners???? Apparently I have some work to do in raising a gentleman.
Melinda - Either the fireworks or Blizzard Beach's lazy river. I sat on a tube with Clara in my lap and Jonas on Devin's lap and could have floated for an entire day. Soooo relaxing. And since I don't want to post a pic of myself in a swiming suit, here's Clara.
Devin - I will have to guess here, since he is out of town and I am not holding up this post to find out. I know he enjoyed getting Clara to ride Splash Mountain with him. He also loved sharing the chocolate cake with me and Clara from the bakery...but it seems that someone else in the family likes frosting as much as I do.
We were worn out by the end, but it was wonderful to be there for a full week and just enjoy being together.


Glad to see that Devin is training Jonas correctly. What good is a Tinkerbell costume if you can't check out cup sizes?
ReplyDeleteThat looks so so so fun! I'm so glad you guys got to go. I would go there every year if I could! And just so you know... that picture of Jonas and Tinkerbell made me laugh right out loud. For a long time. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you posted pictures from your trip to Florida! It is a magical place...I think it's pretty wonderful you had so many places that prepared food that Jonas could eat! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your family!! Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are all great pictures. I'm so glad that you guys got to go. As with everyone, my favorite picture is the tinkerbell one with Jonas. Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteMelinda, I am stalking your blog today! I was curious to see how you were doing. Your pictures in England are awesome...what a neat experience to live there, although I know leaving MD is a hard thing. ;) I had to comment on this post because the Jonas/Tinkerbell picture is awesome! Hey, next time you go to Disney, save money and stay with us! (It is just under 2 hours from our house, so maybe not too much of a savings with gas, but the offer is open anyway!) I am glad to see you are doing well. Your kids are so cute!
ReplyDelete