I thought I'd post some pictures of what Jonas is up to...
He has a cool new wheelchair on order right now which takes months to get through insurance, but here is a picture of him in the "trial" chair that he had to try out for a few weeks. I was amazed at how fast he caught on and could move himself around. He was still fairly slow but I think a few weeks with it and he'll be a pro! Our hope is that Jonas will learn to walk and be able to do that around the house and short distances but he will use the wheelchair for longer distances. We'll see how the next year or so goes!
Here he is in his cool new leg braces and walker. We went through 5 different walkers before we found one he liked and worked well for him. He likes to walk and is working on going longer as well as pushing the walker along with him. Right now we push the walker and he does the walking.
He really is amazing and though it is slow progress and a lesson in patience, he works so hard and is so willing to try! I am truly blessed and lucky to have him!!! Now we just need to work on the two year old tantrums and we'll be set...
Devin told me all about this stuff on our trip. I didn't know you already tried the wheelchair though. He looks like he is doing well. You are doing a great job with him Melinda, in spite of Devin.
ReplyDeleteDave
Oh my goodness! He looks so big! I can't believe he can even propel the wheel chair around himself! That's pretty tricky! How awesome. Now it feels like way too long since we've seen you guys. I love the pictures!
ReplyDelete(Wow. That was a lot of exclamation marks in one little paragraph.)
He is doing so great!!!!! Those are great pics of him! Glad to see them!
ReplyDeleteWendy (SB Board)
That other comment was from Dave. He is so dang cute! I am glad he is doing so great with the wheelchair and the braces. He looks determined to get around. You guys are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed with Jonas and his progress. What an incredible little boy you have - so strong, so determined and so willing. It's always really neat for me to see how he's progressing, I haven't been able to chat with you about how he's doing, but from the looks of this post he's coming right along. Way to go Jonas!
ReplyDeleteVery cool. Hooray Jonas!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big boy he is! Way to go Jonas! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet little guy. Well, not so little anymore, I cant believe how grown up hes looking. I bet he is just loving this new independence he has. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteThe second picture he has the cutes little innocent face....I love it. So random but I think yesterday Rhys, just started telling his brother about Jonas's wheelchair and that it has Clifford on it. They thought that was pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid, impressive he figured out the wheelchair so fast.
ReplyDelete