Our Family

Our Family

November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween


A month ago, Clara told me she wanted to be Belle for Halloween. Perfect, I thought...I don't need to get a single thing. Then one day, I went shopping and saw a Mickey Mouse costume on sale. I bought it for Jonas since I always make him be Clara's sidekick (last year he was Flounder, she was Ariel) and I thought it was time for him to be something he would like. He loves Mickey and is one of the only characters he identifies.

I should have guessed what would happen next. Once Clara saw his costume, she immediately wanted to be Minnie so they would "match". It was too hard for me to say no to that.

It turned out to be a great Halloween weekend. On Friday, Clara had to go to school as her favorite book character. She decided on the girl from "The Bad Case of Stripes" and she pulled it off well! She had a great day at school and enjoyed her fall festival in class.


Friday night we went to the church Halloween party. We forgot to take pictures but luckily, we took some the next night. We had friends over Saturday night and then all went trick-or-treating together. It was so much fun and Jonas enjoyed putting the candy in his pumpkin, even though it'll end up being me who eats it!! And he wouldn't agree to the ears, so here is an ear-less Mickey.


Clara took the pictures of us. I had fun planning our costumes but unfortunately felt completely un-cool at the Halloween party. Everyone thought I dressed up as Toad from Mario Kart. At first I tried to act like I knew what they were talking about but I just couldn't pull it off. I meant to be just an ordinary mushroom with my garden gnome (not Santa!!) - not nearly as cool as Toad!


Anyway, it was a successful weekend for our family!

Jonas Update: On a different note, many people have been asking about Jonas and how he is doing. Literally a few hours after my last post saying how great he was doing, Jonas started throwing up again. It was fairly bad for another week or so and has slowed down, but is still not great. He has good days and bad days. Friday night he threw up 6 times during the night, leaving us frustrated that we can't figure out what is going on. We feel we have seen every specialty and nobody seems to have a clue. We continue to pray and fast for him in hopes that we can find some answers and help him overcome whatever this problem is. Thanks for your prayers, we really appreciate them!

4 comments:

  1. Clara looks awesome in her book character costume!! And I think you were so creative coming up with your costumes for the Trunk-or-treat party! We will think of Jonas in our prayers...I love him so much and everytime I have the opportunity to be around him I'm so grateful for his sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween! My kids would be very jealous if I let them see this- because our Halloween was pretty lame. We missed the annual Osterhout Halloween festivities. The kids look adorable- I especially love the stripes! Very cute. And you and Devin... well, you won my costume contest (and made me laugh right out loud). :) We're thinking of you and hoping (and praying) Jonas feels better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I played Mario Kart with Steffan for hours, and you are much much cuter than Toad, and I wouldn't have thought of him at all. I loved the Gnome/Mushroom idea AND the ruffles (I think?) on your pants. Glad you guys had a fun Halloween- we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Devin are hilarious!! I love your costumes!! And Clara, oh my gosh, very creative! We have a Mickey Mouse lover in our house too, little Gaven. I have a great costume, but it wont fit him for a couple years. I should send it to you!!! Jonas will probably fit in it before he will!

    ReplyDelete