Our Family

Our Family

February 10, 2010

First day at Wedderburn


Today was Clara's first day of school in England!! We visited 5 schools and Wedderburn seemed the best fit for our family. In England you don't attend the school that you live closest to, you choose which school you want to attend based on openings - different than what I am used to. It was tricky for us because we wanted to find one that would also be good for Jonas so that they can be at the same school.

Wedderburn seems very warm and welcoming and I hope she has a wonderful day. I just can't stop thinking about her!!! I hope she can understand her teacher well and feel comfortable. Her favorite part is that they have a pool on site and can go swimming once a week for PE. How fun! They also have cooks on site to make healthy, warm lunches. She's always taken lunch to school but after hearing that, I am tempted to have her buy...except that she still wants to bring from home.

Her PE uniform makes me laugh. She has the school T-shirt and black shorts but then they wear these "black pumps" that are the funniest looking shoes but who cares, they all wear them. Very different from the black pumps I am used to.


Clara has been so anxious to start school, she is constantly asking me when she can go. But, as much as I know it is what she needs, I am sad to have her gone today. I miss not having her around. I can't wait for the end of the day to hear all about it. Here she is in her cute uniform.

6 comments:

  1. Wow,I can't beleive Clara started school today!!! She looks adorable! When does Jonas start?? The school sounds nice, I can't wait to hear all about it! Were still snowed in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how it went for Clara today. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. England looks like so much fun... even with the crazy adventures. I hope you're enjoying it! I'm sad we have missed each other the past few times you have been in Salt Lake... maybe we'll get over there to visit. :) It's been too long since I've seen you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks darling!! How far away is the school? I would be nervous too. Sounds like a really nice school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adventure you guys are on!! Many new changes! She looks beautiful, and eager to go to school. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clara looks so British and I mean that in a good way.

    ReplyDelete