
Today we move into our new home here in Harrogate. It is a beautiful, rainy day...should be perfect for a move. We had a rough time finding a house - well, we actually had no trouble finding some, just trouble getting them - so it came down to the wire. This place is beautiful and right near town, the only drawback being the layout of the house but we'll happily make do.
Yesterday we got the keys and here are some pictures pre-move in.
The keys make me laugh, I feel that they are toy keys compared to what I am used to.
Here's the front room:
I love the mouldings in the entry way and hallsThe house is divided into two flats...the owners live upstairs and we have the main floor. It is great because most places in town have lots and lots of stairs but we have no stairs which will be great for Jonas. Hopefully we aren't too loud for our neighbors!!

The best room in the house will actually be Clara's bedroom. I hope she doesn't get too used to the size of this room...I am fairly certain it is the largest bedroom she'll ever have. :) Here is half of it:

I'm beginning to think that my mom belongs in England. We saw very few houses that did not have at least one room (if not the entire house) outfitted in blue carpet. Ours is no exception, but thankfully it is the guest room/office that is blue so my mom should feel right at home when she visits.
Lastly, the gardens which I am thankful we don't have to take care of. :) I can't wait for spring when we can buy a patio table and eat dinner outside.
We now officially have a house and are ready to have visitors any time!!
**As a side note, it takes weeks to get internet set up in the house. We are looking into alternative options but there is a chance we will be out of touch for a while. We'll let you know when we are up and running again!
Looks great Melinda! If Cory ever takes me to England like I am trying to get him to, we'll have to drop in on ya.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm not sure I'm fancy enough to even visit you. Are you renting? I'm going to do my best to get there before you leave. I'd love to see Northern England...London isn't my favorite.
ReplyDeleteLove the house Melinda! It's really so cool!
ReplyDeleteThe outside looks so cool! And it's so beautiful inside, I love the crown molding...You'll have to let us know when you guys are up and running so we can skype! (I told Neal how much fun it was last time, he's got to get in on the action,lol!) P.S. I can't beleive Holly's moving too! That's it, I'm moving this summer, I've already started looking at house in Virginia and Pennsylvania!
ReplyDeleteI love looking at your house, I keep looking at them and pretending I'm there eating digestives in your back yard.
ReplyDeleteI love your house! It's so pretty and English :) I can't wait to come up and visit you guys!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love it. Can't wait to see it in person. : )
ReplyDelete