
For the next three years (or so) I will happily celebrate myself as a mother twice a year rather than once. I think that's only fair, don't you? I recently learned that in England, "Mothering
Sunday" is celebrated in March. I've decided to follow along and celebrate with them...but that doesn't mean I am ready to forgo the traditional May celebrations.
Anyway, I had a really wonderful day with my family. Clara was soooo excited to celebrate. She and Devin managed to pull together a really great breakfast without any eggs in the house. Then it was off to church where the children sang a nice song. At the end of the meeting, the children were called one by one to come up and get a flower to give to their "mums". Of course it took a nice talking to from Devin to get Clara to go up - and even then she would only do it with Devin holding her hand. Nothing like forcing/threatening your child to do something nice for you and smiling all the while.

There is a large green park that runs through our town and in the spring, flowers come up through the grass. It is so beautiful! Every time we drive to school Jonas looks out the window and says "pityyyyyy". It is much cuter in person, trust me.
Anyway, Clara wanted to have a picnic amidst the flowers so we packed up a lunch and headed out. I think the temperature dropped 20 degrees in the ten minutes between getting home from church when this plan was hatched and when we left our house for the outing.
Needless to say, it lasted only as long as it took to devour the food. Then we hurried home - luckily only a 1 minute walk - to warm up.
My favorite part of the day was Clara giving me this nice card she made at school. I love that it says "Mum" in it. So British and so cute coming from her.
She then picked me to read her bedtime story and that is how we ended our perfect "Mothering Sunday" as they call it. Can't wait for May...
Those flowers are so beautiful! What a cool experience you guys are having. We are stuck in the boring states doing the same old thing!! Mum is so cute!!
ReplyDeletehow pretty... looks like you had a great Mums day! We need more Mums days here
ReplyDeleteHappy Mums day Mindy =) BEAUTIFUL flowers, what a sight to see!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete