Murphy and Hercules. These are the names of the various horses Jonas gets to ride on Wednesday mornings for therapy. He knows them all and gets very excited when I tell him we get to go horse riding. We drop Clara off in the morning and head straight to the stables. And thank you wellies for taking the brunt of the "muck" and keeping my feet clean, because boy can it be dirty with all the wet weather we have. We always get there a little early and Jonas loves to go around looking at all the many horses in their stables along with the chickens and dogs that are running around. His favorite to look at is a miniature pony named Elmo but I'm not sure the feeling is mutual as Elmo often shows Jonas his teeth, which I understand is not a true sign of friendship.

There are three volunteers for each horse (usually 2 horses out at a time). These people are amazing to donate their time like this.

Jonas has made a lot of improvement in just a few months. He even stood up on his horse this last time and now does not need anyone holding on to him while he rides.

It is so fun to see him ride and you can tell from the look on his face just how much he loves it.

Clara would also love to go horse riding, but for now she'll have to be happy with her gymnastics. She had a little show last week for parents and did such a great job. She was so excited and fun to watch.


My favorite part was watching Jonas clap for her and then when she noticed him, she ran over to give him a hug.
seriously, that last picture is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say the same, I LOVE that last picture!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, stop it, what is my problem whenever i read your blog?! i always tear up! seriously, it's annoying! don't post any more pictures of clara hugging jonas please. thank you.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything is going well for you pregnancy wise. You're getting close... :)
Go Clara!! I love the pictures you post your children are beautiful!!!
ReplyDeletevery cool for Jonas, he looks so cute on that horse. I must echo the last picture is very cute what a great moment to catch.
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures! Jonas looks SO happy- I adore that he gets to go horseback riding. And the last picture of the hug nearly made me cry- I think I need to go to bed. Very sweet picture.
ReplyDelete