Twice in the past month Jonas has used the phrase "out of batteries" in a humorous context. Jonas' imagination and sense of humor is really blossoming.
First was when I asked him to walk in his walker into the kitchen. I went ahead of him and was preparing his breakfast. After a few minutes I went back to the hallway to find him standing - but not walking. I asked him why he wasn't coming. His answer? "My walker is out of batteries". It was hard to be firm with him then and we both had a good laugh.
As is typical with me, I forgot to write the experience down and so I forgot until the other night. We had finished dinner but in true Jonas fashion, he was still finishing up at the table. Here's how the conversation went between Jonas and Devin:
D: The kitchen is such a mess, look at all the dishes I need to do.
J: I have a magic wand. (He pulls his spoon out from beside his dinner plate)
D: Perfect!
J: Waves the spoon in the air.
D: Nothing happened!! Why didn't it work?
J: It's out of batteries!
So…if anyone has some magic wand batteries lying around, we could really use them around our house!!! It would make my life so much easier. :)
There is something at our house not in danger of running out of batteries…Nell. She has lots of energy and I finally caught one of my favorite Jonas/Nell moments on camera. Take a look at the fun and creative way they get around the house together. I am always wincing as I watch it, afraid Nell is going to get hurt but they have done this a lot and she has yet to injure herself!!
So funny and cute!
ReplyDeletethat is awesome... batteries and walker. It's crazy to see Nell moving. It's been too long that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteHi! I loved it! But...of course it was too short a video for me! Love, Grandma.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your mom- I want to see it from the front as well...would love to see Jonas's expression. Why did you stop recording, did your camera "run out of batteries?" So adorable.
ReplyDelete