Our Family

Our Family

July 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Point

A couple of Saturdays ago, we decided it was too beautiful to stay inside doing housework. A picnic outdoors was the perfect cure.

We decided on Thanksgiving Point gardens since I had wanted to get there while the rose garden was still in bloom.  Simply beautiful!




We didn't make it far before three hungry children demanded we stop.  We found a perfectly shaded bench to eat on.

 





My favorite part of the picnic was overhearing Clara casting the "obliviate" spell on Devin with her new found wand.  She wanted to erase his memory for some reason.  She is very into Harry Potter!  

But then I managed to get some of my favorite shots of Devin and Clara together before she realized what I was doing and turned her wand on me!!





We then took a beautiful walk around the gardens, seeing water lilies in the pond, Koi fish swimming about, the rose garden and finally the waterfall before heading home. Oh, and I bought some tulip bulbs from Holland that I can't wait to plant this fall.














2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. And none of you didn't even look like you were wilting in the summer heat. My grandchildren are sure cute!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember there being a river and water there.. I think we need to go down. It looks like Clara is saying Expetopatronum to you.

    ReplyDelete