My wonderful weekend began Friday morning. We were invited to the "Frozen" Manners Dance at Granite Elementary where Jonas attends. This dance was primarily for the extended core classes at two schools (special needs classrooms) but some mainstream friends of the students were also invited.
Devin and I arrived in our "best dress" with Nell. We planned on spending the morning dancing with Jonas. We were wrong. Jonas was surrounded by his friends all morning and we barely even saw him.
His two friends in his first grade class, Cruz and Jonah were adorable and loved pushing Jonas around and dancing with him.
It was the best morning and it made me a little emotional to see the effort the teachers made to make the morning magical for the children. It was the perfect start to my Mother's Day weekend.
Friday night we finally made it to the new Leatherby's that opened in Draper. Our kids have been asking for weeks. Jonas has been calling it "Wetherby's"...I'm happy that his British memory still lives on.
It took some serious effort to talk Clara out of the 10 scoop Sundae!!!! She couldn't even finish the "small sundae" she ordered...
Hard not to say "SEE!!"
We had a fun night and happy that they serve sorbet so Jonas can happily eat there.
The boys each finished their ice cream. The girls didn't even come close. Now we know for next time...
| Nell's shocked face when realizing her dad finished his dessert!! |
Saturday I was able to shop with my friend Mayka in the morning which was very fun. Devin handled a flat tire and soccer game alone. He did a great job, of course. He is an awesome dad and is always so happy to step in and do anything that needs to be done. Except one thing! Hair. He refuses to do hair. It is honestly the only thing he doesn't do around the house. So when I met up with him and the kids at the tire store I had to laugh. Nell's hair was EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure Clara's hadn't been brushed. There are so many times I have thought that Devin would be a better stay at home parent that I would be - he is more patient, so helpful and so good with the kids. It was a nice Mother's day present to realize that there is something around here only I can do!!
I have had a great Mother's Day today. Church was great, my kids have been fun and have given me cute notes and pictures. Devin has taken care of the flower, cooking, childcare and chocolate department. Pretty much couldn't be happier today (unless you subtract 3 year old tantrums from the deal). I'm grateful for my own mom and her example of service and love in my life. I'm a pretty lucky woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment