First up? Red Rock.
I have really enjoyed exploring southern Utah during the past couple of years while we have lived here. I love that we can get in the car and within 3-4 hours be surrounded by a landscape so unique and beautiful. I have a little list of places I want to travel to within the state of Utah and I was happy to be able to check one more off my list - Bryce Canyon. It was absolutely beautiful...and COLD! I wasn't fully prepared for the cold nor did I expect snow on our spring break trip, but thankfully it was scenic enough to make up for it.
On our drive down we stopped and ate at a little hamburger and shake place in Panguitch, UT. I had a very well intentioned lady come up to me and tell me that if I had enough faith my son would be completely healed and walk. I know she meant well and kept telling me that she really felt like she needed to let me know that but it still made for an awkward conversation! After dinner we got to our hotel and the kids were in heaven! I on the other hand was not! I had come down with a nasty cold that day and was feeling awful. I was ready for bed but seemed to be the only one. At some point, all three kids were still up making noise and I fell asleep. The next morning we headed out to explore. Sorry for the overload, but this is a small fraction of the pictures I took!
The next day we spent exploring Bryce. As I mentioned, it was very cold and not as assessable as other National Parks so we enjoyed a long and breathtaking drive with frequent stops along the way.
Later that afternoon it warmed up enough for us to get out and go on a little hike.
After a day of exploring Bryce we headed to sunny Saint George. We had a great time there with some friends.
Clara and Jonas even got to shoot a BB gun!
Our day hiking Red Cliffs and playing in the water was especially fun! Nell even hiked the entire way by herself! We also spent some time hiking on the red rock around Saint George.
A trip to Saint George would not be complete with a dinner at Pizza Factory for Jonas. He loves that place even though there is very very little he can eat there. He especially likes playing on the Fire Engine parked outside. Here are Jonas and Nell eating the "pop-pops" we got from Pizza Factory on the grass outside. Doesn't this look blissful?
We came home to a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt with Easter the following day. Devin managed to fit in dying eggs before church!
We enjoyed having Devin's family over for Easter dinner and another egg hunt.
And here is Clara holding a sleeping bunny at my cousin Jana's house. Pretty cute!
To finish off this amazing month, my nephew Nelson married Erika. It was such a wonderful day and I neglected to take many pictures!
We enjoyed time with Devin's family all week as his sister Mitzi and her husband Kyle flew out from Virginia. We had fun hiking in Park City one day. We even saw a fox!! It is hard to see in this picture, but it's there!
Another day we spent at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Nell and Syri loved their cotton candy almost as much as their time with Aunt Mitzi.
To
finish April off, we got some new Jonas news. After a long
consultation with Jonas' urologist, we have surgery scheduled for mid
June. It will not be pleasant and we know recovery will be rough, but
we feel that it will be the best thing for Jonas in the long run. This
was the white board summary.
He also got a new wheelchair! This one fits Jonas much better and we are excited for our future adventures in this new chair!

No comments:
Post a Comment