This morning Elizabeth called and suggested an outing to Fountains Abbey. We were excited to get out and explore. We took the long way there (thanks to our friend Tim on TomTom) but got to see a horse on the road and drive along some villages with roads that are supposedly two-way but seem to me to only fit one car comfortably.
Apparently part of these were built in the 1100's...it is amazing to me that they are still standing and you are welcome to climb and explore all you like. The kids loved running around . Jonas had fun directing which way we took him - his favorite probably being the little river he could throw sticks into.

All in all it is quite spectacular.

At the end there was a great park that Emeline exclaimed had the best swing in the whole wide world and after swinging a short while, Clara agreed. It was cute to see all the kids piled onto one swing. Jonas loved it and didn't lift his head the whole time.
I am still in love with all the sheep, I haven't been here long enough for the novelty to wear off.
It was a great day. Especially since I got up the nerve to drive home. There may have been a line of cars behind me the whole way, but I tried hard not to focus on that too much.
The pictures are beautiful!!!(I love your coat!! Did you buy that in England?) Hopefully the house hunting is doing well... Thanks for the update on your blog, we miss you!!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! The Abbeys are amazing. I sure miss England now. There is so much to see and experience. If you ever run out of ideas let me know:)
ReplyDeleteHave you been to church yet? I hope they make you feel super welcome!
So cool for you guys! We have considered trying for a position there some time. I want to go explore all of England so badly. Maybe we can at least try for a summer tdy and all go or something. i'll be checking your blog to see how you like Harrogate. Have fun!
ReplyDelete