
I wanted his birthday to be as much about him and his favorite things as possible. So, here is a summary of January 29, 2010.
9:00 Jonas woke up. I eagerly went in to get him but he pushed my hands away and wanted to stay in his crib. Clara climbed in with him (a new-found morning ritual) and they played with princess stickers. I went back in to get him and he again pushed my hands away and said "da, da, da". I told him dad was at work and not home. Finally on my third attempt, he let me get him. I dressed him in his favorite shirt - Mickey Mouse.
9:30 Put on Mickey Mouse and sat Jonas in his high chair with gluten-free toast, kix and soy milk. He happily ate and watched.
10:00 Breathing treatment (yes, he is sick for his 3rd birthday in a row), reading stories and playing together - mostly with his favorite pink hand mixer.
12:00 Headed to Elizabeth's for lunch and to borrow her kitchen to make some Jonas-friendly cupcakes. (Turned out MUCH better than last year's...for those of you who remember that post. :)) Thank you Elizabeth!!!
2:15 Picked up Devin from work (yes, I drove again and this time by myself...except for Clara who would constantly tell me if I was doing something wrong or getting too close to a car...thanks 5 year old!). We went to look at two more houses...both a no go.
4:15 Met up with the DeGiulios and headed into town for Jonas' big birthday dinner at McDonalds. Jonas loved every bite. The adults sat completely perplexed...there were no other children or even females in all of McDonalds. Only teenage boys...and tons of them. Really weird. Nothing like our typical McDonalds experience. Jonas was oblivious and loved it.
7:00 Back "home" for cupcakes and ice cream. Due to his sensitivity to music, we couldn't sing Happy Birthday without Jonas screaming. He also cried when I lit his candles, so I blew them out myself and let him enjoy his cupcake and soy ice cream in peace. He also opened his presents and was so excited to rip the paper.

9:00 Skyped with Grandma & Grandpa Morris. He loved it and had Grandma read him stories, one of his favorite things to do. (Here he is signing "book" and saying it in a very demanding voice)
10:00 In bed after a long but wonderful day!
Happy Birthday my three year old Jonas! We love you and are so grateful you are in our family!
I just wanted to cry after I read this post!! I miss you guys so much and Jonas has such a huge place in my heart...the picture with him wearing his mickey mouse shirt and a huge smile, is the Jonas I know. He has such a happy, loving personality! (Neal and I are thinking of getting a web came so Leah and Clara can talk!!) Someone told me a little about skype so I will look into it...talk to you soon!!
ReplyDeleteOK, first you make me laugh and then you make me cry. I miss that cute kid. Happy Birthday Jonas!!!!
ReplyDeleteThere was a youth fireside at our house tonight. I was in here checking out a few blogs and I laughed so loudly at yours that Jeff heard it during the fireside. Oops.
ReplyDeleteMelinda! We're in England! :) I hope you're enjoying it, although my mom told me about the house issue, about not being able to find anything that works. I'm sorry! Hope you can find a place soon! So I tried to follow your blog (not so great at figuring them out) but couldn't. But i wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and I'm so happy you're here and I hope i get to see you soon. Email me when you visit London! xoxo
ReplyDeletePS I love these pictures! Your kids are adorable :)
he is so cute I just want to eat his face off..... ok so I wont but still you know what I mean
ReplyDelete