Clara has known for months that she would dress up as Laura Ingalls Wilder. She read the "Little House on the Prairie" books in the fall and got the perfect dress from Mayka's amazingly talented sister, Lastenia, so she was set. Perfect book. Perfect costume. I wasn't sure if anyone would be familiar with the books and character but apparently all the teachers really appreciated it although Clara doesn't think many of her peers knew who she was. She didn't care and was super happy today.
This morning as we were getting ready she pointed out that a button was missing on her sleeve. I quickly got the sewing kit and fixed it in no time. Then she said "I need to become talented so I can help my kids do things like sew buttons for book character day". If only she knew. The entire morning I had been thinking to myself "I need to become talented so I can make clothing and costumes like this for my kids". Someday she'll realize I am not really that talented, but until then I'll keep it a secret and let her look up to me for a little while longer. :)
Last night I went to Sainsbury's with Clara in search of groceries and perhaps a costume for Jonas. We happened upon the perfect one! A soldier. Just what he is into these days and I was sure I could find a book to go along. He was thrilled this morning and went to school with a huge smile on his face.

What was Nell? She dressed up as the cutest baby ever. We really enjoyed eating lunch together and I couldn't help but take a few pictures of her. How could I resist this face?
And watching her eat makes me smile. She sure knows how to shovel it in!
Tonight the kids went to Book Day activities at school where stories were read, biscuits were eaten and fun was had. What a great day AND the sun was shining all day long!! That made it pretty much perfect for me!
They're all so cute! Nate has book character day on Monday, and I have noooo idea what to do. He wants to be Thomas AGAIN. Ugh. I know I certainly can't whip up something, so that leaves Thomas or Captain Hook. :)
ReplyDelete