Clara, Jonas and Nell were excited to wake up to their mailboxes filled with candy and a small gift.
Then on to heart shaped pancakes before rushing off to school.
After getting Clara off, I went upstairs to find this Valentine waiting for me from Clara. So cute of her and so thoughtful. She used her classroom points to buy these cookie cutters for me from the class store. I love it! I'm sure she is hoping we'll make cookies soon. :)
This is our first Valentine's Day in US schools and it is so different. It was really fun to make Valentines with both Clara and Jonas for their classmates. I even got to help out in Clara's classroom party which was so much fun. The only down side was that it is like a mini Halloween. SO much candy came home!!! We won't be done until Easter so I think it may just disappear.
Clara was supposed to go to dance but when I asked her to get ready she burst into tears telling me that it was Valentine's Day and she wanted to be home to celebrate. I explained that we had nothing planned but that didn't matter to her, she thought it was cruel of us to expect her to leave home on such an important holiday. So...I gave in and we enjoyed a fun, relaxing and candy-filled afternoon and evening together, finished off with heart shaped calzones.
| One for Jonas too! |

How fun! I won't show my kids this post- it is Emeline's dream V-day! I really should make it more fun next year! We did... nothing. I especially love Clara's cute valentine. So sweet!
ReplyDelete