His birthday was while Devin was out of town for work. We celebrated still but waited to have his much anticipated party until Devin got home.
His birthday started with our traditional string leading from his bedroom to the kitchen table filled with presents and yummy cereal. Along the way he got some fun little presents and candy.
He was excited to bring his cupcakes to school and came home with a cute crown. We then had some friends over for pizza and cake - and a little wrestling
.
He then enjoyed skyping with Devin while opening his presents.
He loved his new marble run and played with Nell until it was time for bed.
I had fun "interviewing" Jonas for his birthday. Here's what he said.
Jonas' 6th Birthday Interview:
What is your favorite food? Pizza and Soy Chocolate
What is your favorite toy? Bowling Set
What is your favorite game? Animal Game
What is your favorite book? Thomas the Tank Engine
What is your favorite animal? Elephant
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Cowboy
Who are your friends? Gavin, Colin, Bentley, Dalton and Noah
What would you like to do this year? Go on a train for my birthday
What are some things you like to do? Eat treats, watch TV shows
What is your favorite thing to wear? dress up, my Gondola shirt
What is your favorite color? Blue
What makes you happy? Trains, when Clara reads me stories, treats
What makes you sad? taking people's toys
Devin flew in late on a Friday night. Jonas was convinced that his party was immediately following. It was my fault, I kept telling him we would have his party when dad got home. That was one loooong week waiting for his party after Devin came home.
But the day finally arrived. He wanted a British soldier cake and afraid I wouldn't pull that off nicely, I made a flag cake and put one of his soldiers on top.
He loved it and stood at the table admiring for a while after school and before his party. His gluten, diary and egg free cakes are often very crumbly so it was tricky frosting it and keeping it in one piece...but it worked (with the help of a ribbon around the sides to cover the crumbling cake).
However, the kids ate it without a second thought. Success!
I tried to make the party something Jonas would love, so we took 6 of his friends, plus his cousin Capri, to the mall to ride the train and carousel.
Capri looked so cute riding the carousel!
We then picked up happy meals on the way home where everyone enjoyed eating dinner, cake and a pinata.
![]() |
| Pinata Madness |
Oh, and the party wouldn't have been complete without a guest appearance from our favorite British soldier. The only difference between this one and the ones at Buckingham Palace is that this one smiles.
After the party, we continued partying by having Aunt Ronae, Uncle Angel and their cute kids over - Saige, Sariya, Sadee and Syri. We had a great night with family eating dinner and talking. We are so lucky to live close!!
I feel like birthdays are the perfect opportunity to reflect on my child's life. I love Jonas. He makes me laugh every day. During the past year I feel like his desire for independence has expanded and, while challenging at times, it is such a good thing to see and something that is so important for him to develop. He is loving Kindergarten and when asked what he did at school, he tells me " I did learning" each day. His favorite partner in crime is Nell, they are always together and usually up to mischief. Jonas works hard every day and loves life. He brings so much happiness to our family and life would be very boring without him!





Awe, Happy Birthday Jonas! I thought of him on January 29th- can't believe 6 years have gone by since I got to go over to your house and hold that tiny baby Jonas for the first time. So glad he had a fun birthday and that he hasn't lost his love for soldiers!! Tell him hi for us!
ReplyDelete