March 10, 2013 marked Nell's 2nd birthday!
While Nell has a strong and at times spunky personality, she is incredibly funny and I keep thinking to myself "she is at my favorite age", but then that just keeps changing with her. She is an enjoyable person to have around. Her siblings absolutely adore her and she (typically the first child awake) is always excited to be the first to give a morning hug to Clara and Jonas. She must also be the first to hug them when they come home from school. I love the bonds my children share, and even if she and Jonas know exactly how to push each others' buttons, they are good friends.
There are times when she is playing with Jonas and wants him to follow her somewhere so she will get down, look him in the eye, say something like "come Jonas" and then will crawl next to him to make sure they stay together. Off they'll go to make mischief together. Then again, she will also take off in his walker when given the chance.
There are other times when I see Nell trying to be just like Clara, her admired older sister. I enjoyed watching Clara (oblivious to what was going on) sitting on the couch when Nell climbed up next to her and tried very hard to cross her legs just like Clara's. Once she had accomplished that, Clara shifted and naturally, Nell followed suit. It was pretty cute to watch.
To celebrate Nell's birthday we went on a family bike ride the day before, trying out our newly acquired double bike trailer.
They both loved the ride although I personally think they look nervous in this following picture. Who wants to ride behind a delirious dad anyway?
Then everyone enjoyed the sharing her birthday cereal, Frosted Flakes.
I am guessing she was expecting a snake to jump out based on her expression.
When she woke up she was magically transformed into a very mature child and chose to read Harry Potter while sitting in her cousin's car seat. Who needs easy readers?
While Nell needed some help blowing out her candles, she did not require help eating her cake and ice cream.
To finish off a pretty perfect day - for a two year old - she ran around the house with her adorable cousins, Syri and Capri. These three are so close in age and so cute together. It was fun to watch them laughing, running and playing. They are typically clothed - but not always.
Nell loves playing with Jonas. They like to play with trains and the marble run. She also likes getting out the play jewelry and putting on every last piece. Outside is her favorite place to be, even in a Utah winter. She enjoys drawing and books are another favorite. We read quite a few stories each day, but her favorite is "Madeline" which elicits a giggle each time I read "to the tiger at the zoo, Madeline just says poo-poo". Apparently she has picked up her brother's sense of humor.
I am grateful for this little girl and how much happiness she brings to our home. I love you, Nell. And I love that you now say "Love you" each day to me.










Ok what a cutie.. I love doll stroller, I never had cool toys like that. I can't believe that she is already 2... I love that she is so cuddly with you it makes me think of little miss stiffy.
ReplyDelete