Here's a quick update for those who have been asking...Jonas underwent his detethering surgery today. It took about 3 hours and the neurosurgeon was pleased with how it went. He was able to separate the nerves from the old scar tissue without a problem.
Watching Jonas wake up from the anesthesia was the hardest part of my day. Holding back my tears at that point took a lot of effort. He was so uncomfortable but with a bit more pain medicine he went back to sleep and seemed slightly better when he woke up next. He is such a cute boy and wanted to hold my hand as he was wheeled up to his recovery room from the post-op area. He even managed to say "thanks" in a little voice when I told him what a brave and cute boy he was.
I had to leave him tonight to be with Nell which is incredibly difficult since I feel I should be in two places at once. At least he has Devin with him (who apparently got to clean up his throw up tonight...) so I know he is in great hands. He has to stay flat on his back for 48 hours after which he will ease back into physical activity.
We'll keep you updated on his progress but for now, even though recovery is rough, he is doing well. He continues to amaze me with how well he handles the challenges he is given. He is a great example to me!
What a sweet boy! Hope he recovers quickly.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how he has handled everything thrown at him in just a short time..Like you say, what an example he is! And you too Melinda!!! You are an incredible Mother, and you just keep it all together somehow. Love you lots, and miss you tons...Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your families way. =)
ReplyDelete