Here's what our day looked like...
Jonas watched part of Thomas - one of the few things he said to us today.
He graciously shared his bed with Nell and they had a little family nap. I did have to move her when she woke up and was playing with his IV on his foot. No, no Nell!!
Nell woke up feeling quite perky (See her admiring her toes? She loves to put those things in her mouth!)...
While Jonas on the other hand was quite satisfied to listen to a story...
Then tonight when it was time for me to take Nell "home", I laid next to Jonas to say goodnight when a loud crash was heard outside of his door. He startled which in turn hurt him and he began to cry. He reached out for a hug which I was happy to provide but then he did not want me to move. I sat with him hugging my neck for about 20 minutes before I finally was able to go. Truthfully, I didn't want to go at all (well, maybe change positions since I was getting a pain in my neck) but it was time.
Jonas is still completely lethargic and clearly feels horrible because he didn't move all day. I thought it might be hard to keep him from moving for two days but it isn't at all. He had a crumby day and doesn't want to eat or drink anything. I think it is just taking a while for the anesthesia to wear off and it is making him nauseous. Hopefully tomorrow is better! He is supposed to start sitting up gradually and hopefully he'll feel like drinking and eating.
That last picture makes me cry- what a sweet little guy. I hope today is better than yesterday (and that tomorrow is better than today- and it just gets better and better until you get to come home!) It's nice of Jonas to share his bed with Nell. :)
ReplyDelete