Here we are in the hospital and although it is not where we want to be, we are thankful for the blessings we are seeing.
Jonas is doing better than before. The best news is that his wound is draining on its own fairly well - it is super gross but much better than surgery. Friday we were told that he would absolutely need another surgery and now it looks like he may be able to avoid it. Only time will tell. We are taking that issue a day at a time. Actually, we are taking life a day at a time right now.
We have no idea how long we will be in the hospital but it doesn't seem that this will be a quick process. His incision still looks fairly bad and is still hurting him but he is not in as much pain as before. There is one spot that looks like it is worsening so hopefully that will improve soon. The other good news is that his CSF is not infected.
Devin came back to Maryland as it became logistically impossible to balance two children who each needed a parent at all times...let's just say I have my work cut out for me since Nell refused a bottle when sleeping with our friends. Stubborn litte angel.
I know Clara is doing her best to be brave but is missing her family and that breaks my heart. I hate that we are separated. I am so glad my mom will be there tomorrow to help out...Clara needs it.
Nell is being raised in a hospital so I'm working through that guilt. Her entire 5th month of life was spent each day at appointments or in the hospital and who knows when that will change. Good thing she is so good natured.
Anyway, we are hanging in there and really do feel the blessings from the prayers of family and friends. Thank you so much for you support and concern.
Melinda, I'm so sorry about everything your family is dealing with! I'm sure it's taking a toll. You are all in my prayers and I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm anxious to know how you are. If I were anywhere close, I would lend a hand, I'm sorry I'm not. :(
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you always and sending our love and hugs to Jonas and everyone. Makes me want to hop on a plane and come out to help. Hoping for a quick recovery!
ReplyDeleteLeah
YEAHH!!!! So relieved to hear that his CSF is not infected! That is what has been making me the most nervous of anything. SUPER news!! You guys are doing great- take it easy. I hope each day is better and better. While Clara is missing you terribly, she is also excited at the prospect of Grandma's scrambled eggs every day for breakfast. :) She is so, so sweet and doing so well. It's amazing how much her whole affect changed after talking to Jonas on the phone yesterday- I can tell she was really worried about him, and I can tell that she now (finally) believes me that he is doing better and better. She's had a little more spring in her step since then.
ReplyDeleteTry not to worry too much- things are looking brighter and brighter! And I can't believe how amazingly well you've handled everything.
Thank you so much for updating your blog! I check it multiple times a day to see how things are going. I'm so glad things are looking slightly better. My boys are super concerned for Jonas and Clara too. We all talk about you a lot. We love you guys.
ReplyDelete