Our Family

Our Family

September 21, 2011

Verdict

I know it has been a while since our last update but we have been busy with appointments, therapy and changing poopy diapers ASAP which seems to be a full time job.

Last Saturday was his last day on antibiotics which meant no more waking him up in the middle of the night and forcing him to eat food mixed with the yucky medicine in his sleepy state...that was not so much fun for either of us. When we saw the surgeon last week he was very pleased with the progress Jonas has made. He suggested we continue doing what we were doing and come back in a week which would be about 3 days after he finished the antibiotic course so he could see how it looked without the help of the meds.

His back has made significant progress, better than anyone expected. When we saw the doctor this week he gave us the go ahead to return to England. All but one of his holes are looking fabulous and the one that is lagging is still making good progress. We continue to pray that this final hole heals properly but it is certainly looking good and we are sure the speedy progress is an answer to prayers. I am so excited to be reunited as a family, even if I am holding my breath. I haven't seen Clara in well over a month and I miss her like crazy!!!

This has been an exhausting experience but we are grateful to have had the help and support we have. Everyone has gone above and beyond any realistic expectation to help us out and we appreciate it more than we can say...especially our friends who have let us crash at their house for almost 2 months and my mom who generously flew to England to take care of Clara while Devin was back and forth. Then there is Jonas who is the best patient I can imagine and takes everything so well. We appreciate the love and support from all of you. Once his back is completely healed we'll have a super duper party!!!

**This may or may not be coherent, it's late and my sweet 6 month old has decided not to sleep well anymore so sleep deprivation is in full gear and I think I'm missing some brain cells as a result. :)

3 comments:

  1. SO excited you get to come home! Yeah for no more holes in his back!! (Well, almost...) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crossing our fingers for you guys!!! Hope everything continues to heal properly. Im sure Clara misses you just as much!!!! You are an amazingly strong woman..I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are looking better!!!! I'm so happy you will be with your whole family soon! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete